This is the flag of Arakanese Rohingya minority, found to be adopted and designed first in the mid 20th century. A flag is important for a team, group, race, minority or state, as it binds all of its members.
Specification of the Flag
The flag of Rohingya is green with an ancient Rohingya coin with a white inscription in the middle of the flag. The height of the flag is two-thirds of its width (2:3). The diameter of the coin is half of the height.
The coin in the middle is the front side of an ancient Arakanese coin used in the 16th century.
The script on the coin side is the Shahada, the Muslim Statement of Faith, “There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.” surrounded by the names of the Four Righteous Caliphs of Islam: Abu Bakar (up), Omar (down), Othman (left) and Ali (right).
The colors of the flag:
- a. Green (Forest Green – Hex #0b6623) represents peace.
- b. Golden (Metallic Gold – Hex #d4af37) represents prosperity.
- c. White (Pure White – Hex #ffffff) represents purity.
- The coin represents Rohingya’s civilization, and (lost) sovereignty of Arakan.
- The Shahada represents the faith of Rohingya, whereas the four Caliphs are their role models.
- Practices and protocols:
- a. The Flag is to be treated with dignity and honor at all times.
- b. The flag displays an inscription as its principal design and is designed with differing obverse and reverse sides so that the Shahada reads correctly from right to left on both sides.
- c. The flag should never be flown at half-mast or unclean places as it contains the name ‘Allah’.
- d. The flagpole staff must be straight and slightly tapering at the top. The flag may be displayed from the top of a flagpole with a halyard.
- e. It should be flown in functions and in from of offices related to Rohingya.
- f. A flag should not be worn in body, torn or thrown. If it is worn out naturally It shall be solemnly burned to avoid misuse or desecration.
- g. The flag shall be hoisted to the top briskly and lowered ceremoniously.
- h. The flag shall never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, flood, water or other objects.
- i. It shall be prohibited to mutilate, deface, defile, trample, on or cast contempt any act or omission casting dishonor or ridicule upon the flag over its surface.
- j. The flag cannot be flown upside down.
- k. While printing, please print it on both sides.
Download the high-quality source file for printing purposes or other practices.